Marketing - It's a Limbic Thing
this site the web

A bit about Cranfield University

Time indeed flies as the saying goes. I've been working and on my free time developing a marketing strategy for a bold start-up, so two months have passed without a single blog post. I'm hoping to be able to write about the start-up and its marketing plans, but for the time being, I regret I can't discuss them here.

But about Cranfield - I recently secured by accomodation there, so the final big issue concerning my Marketing studies is taken care of. I've heard horror stories about damp, drafty and unheated old British apartments but Cranfield's campus buildings (especially the one I'm going to accomodate) seem nothing like it!

For foreigners like me coming to the UK next fall, check this helpful website transportdirect.info. It's great when planning transportation within the UK after your flight etc. Also thanks to Cranfield's administration I have already become acquainted with another future Cranfield Strategic Marketing student, which is fantastic!

Cranfield SOM have developed their 2009/2010 course programme for Strategic Marketing during early Summer, and I'm even more excited about it (is it even possible?). They seem to have put some more flesh to it, and have included a course on digital media, or have atleast emphasized it on their integrated marketing communications course. Insight on digital/social media is a must-have these days in my opinion. Too much is happening in the Net for the marketer to be left out of the bandwagon. They've also added a course on ethics and sustainability in marketing. As excessive consumption is criticised around the globe, marketers of all industries face a moral dilemma - is my business a part of the Change to sustainability? Confronted with 21st century values, is my business viable and acceptable?

The interesting question however is, what is the next bandwagon after social media and 21st century ethics and sustainability?

All in all, it will be a busy year which I'm eagerly waiting for! And perhaps I'll come to know the answer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment